PLEASE READ BELOW TO SEE WHAT THIS EXCITING CONFERENCE OFFERS!
Join us on September 15, 2017 for the 2nd Annual Ohio Grant Professionals Association (GPA) Regional Conference held in Columbus, Ohio at the Quest Conference Center. This statewide conference will provide grant professionals a full day of outstanding professional development aligned with the Grant Professional Certification competencies and the opportunity to build new relationships with grant professionals from all over the state.
We are honored to host Susan O’Donnell Black, CFRE, as our Keynote Speaker along with twelve sessions speakers. All are welcome to attend the annual event led in partnership by the Great Lakes Virtual and Miami Valley Chapters of the GPA with support from the Greater Cincinnati, Central-Columbus, and Cleveland Chapters.
You do not have to be a member of the GPA to attend! All are welcome to attend.
9:00 – 9:30
Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:30 – 9:35
Welcome and Introductions
9:35 – 10:45
Plenary Session by Susan O’Donnell Black, CFRE
“Dear Development Staff: You’re Driving Me Crazy! Sincerely, Your Grant Writer”
11:00 – 12:15
- “Stories from the trenches” – Linda Butler, MSW, ACSW, LISW-S / Heather Stombaugh, MBA, CFRE, GPC
- “When Politics Trump Philanthropy: Activating Your Community in Uncertain Funding Times” – Lauren Steiner, JD / Dana Textoris
- “Increasing Organizational Grants Capacity Among the Non-Initiated” – Tyler Benack
- “Using Systematic Approach to Project/Program Development to Ensure Clarity and Cohesion” – Emily Ryan / Kristen Morio
12:15 – 1:15
1:15 – 2:30
- “Who Else Is Telling Your Story?” – Scott Williams, GPC
- “Connecting the Silos: Building a Rural Grants Program” – Susan ‘Kim’ Jones, GPC
- “Is Your Organization Ready for the Next Generation of Supporters?” – Scott Herr, PhD
- “Tapping the Root: Teaching Grant Writing in the Workplace” – Jeanne Donado, GPC
2:45 – 4:00
- “Transforming Words Into Action” – Gwen Finnegan
- “Asking for Introverts” – Robyn Gibboney, PhD, GPC
- “Stake Your Claim: Discovering Your ROI” – Leslie Mitchell, GPC
- “Why Grant Professionals Really ARE Superstars!” – Amy Shankland, GPC
Early Bird Discount:
Deadline – August 22, 2017 11:59PM
GPA Member – $100
Non-member – $125
Student – $50
Deadline – September 13, 2017 11:59PM
GPA Member – $125
Non-member – $150
Available on-site from 9:00 – 9:30 on the day of the event.
GPA Member – $150
Non-member – $175
Current students receive a 50% reduction on the registration fee. Valid student ID must be provided. To register as a student, please contact us by email at OhioGPAConf@gmail.com.
By registering, you agree to the Refund Policy:
Up to 2 weeks before the conference, 75% of the paid registration fee will be refunded. Substitutions can be made at any time, including the day of the conference. However, should a non-member substitute for a member, the difference between the member and non-member rate will be charged.
Don’t forget to check with your local chapter for scholarship information!
PLEASE SCROLL UP TO THE TOP OF THIS SCREEN TO REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE