August Chapter Meeting
The Other Side of the Application: Become a Peer Reviewer. This session provides insights on how to become a reviewer and the processes once selected. Even though each funding agency is different, this session will explore how you become a reviewer, what to expect with the process and what to glean from the experience. Take your grant professional career to the next level by serving as a reviewer!
Grant professionals attending this workshop will leave having learned:
- Where federal agencies post reviewer information
- Requirements for reviewers
- How to become registered for reviewer pools
- Training and conference call requirements
- Roles within the review process
- What a review panel is tasked with
- What to expect once placed on a panel
- Time table for the work
- Compensation for reviewers
- Ethics and confidentiality in grant reviews
Ericka Harney is an 18-year veteran of the nonprofit and education sectors, fulfilling a passion for women and girl’s success along the way. Ericka has served as an international representative for the US, raised millions in funds for great missions, and co-founded a social enterprise. She has been a contributing author for industry publications and a guest on several business blogs and podcasts. Ericka is sharing her knowledge and thrives on helping others at ErickaHarney.com, a regular keynote and session speaker, finishing a Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership, and continues a life mission of improving the soft skills of all professionals.